Saturday, August 29, 2026

True Love Will Find You In the End

I often walk this grass quad in a circle when Andy is able to sleep.

 

I am relieved to say I have been cleared by the doctors to return to the hospital, I passed my flu and Covid tests and have had no symptoms for 36 hours.  

While I was home, our friends from our days at the Worcester Art Museum came by, Birgit and Luis.  They brought gifts from Germany, vitamin C tablets (which I know worked for me instantaneously) and warm, healing hugs.

Later that evening, my lovely Aunt Priscilla, Uncle Adrian and cousin Alden came by to give me home-made Chinese congee and a special ginger water to give to Andy.  They also brought lo mein, dumplings and pork rice.  (we just love Priscilla's food...)  My dear Aunt Faith also Door Dashed me the flu and Covid test kit that I needed as well.  Our family is small and very spread-out, but we are there for each other.  We are blessed beyond words with the kindness and generosity friends and family have shown us.

The doctors called each day to update me on Andy's condition and Joe and Adam do me as well.  I am sad to hear they must return to the Amphotericin anti-fungal medication to treat the infection in his lungs.  They must continue to treat what they think it is while they can not biopsy.  I am extremely worried about this since Amphotericin is harsh on the kidneys and they stopped it previously to let his organs recover.  It is a lime green liquid IV drip not unlike flat Mountain Dew.

However, the oncologist told me they are running out of options and Andy's lungs continue to see nodules increase, so they must up his diuretics again to get the liquid out and help his breathing.  I wish there was a way they could get his platelets as high as possible before they fall again, and get the biopsy in with the most capable person.  (The number has to be 20 for it to be safe, but Andy's will fall even after an infusion from 19 to 10 to 8.)  But I am not a medical professional, and I can only wring my hands and hope this gamble works while another one of his organs gets drop-kicked by chemicals.

We have not been able to get to our second opinion at Dana Farber, because Andy keeps being hospitalized and they can only take him on as a patient in-person.  I'm not sure what else they would do, other than have an arsenal of clinical trials to look through.  These decisions have to move quickly however, and I wish somehow Dana Farber could be consulted remotely on any possible new anti-fungal treatment they may have that our doctors don't know about.  Maybe they do, I wish I knew more of the inner-workings.

I am anxious to return to the front lines with Andy.  We are grateful the boys have been there to switch off and take care of Juno for us.  Andy is a genuine tough guy, he is the one taking all this pain, and if they told me I'd have to give up my life to save him, I would do it.  No question.  

 

If you would, please pray for him - that the anti-fungal medication they put him on works, even though it is a tough medication on the body.

 


"True Love Will Find You In The End"

Shakey Graves x Jess Williamson cover

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

Many thanks to:

Our families, as always

Alex and Karen R., Annie and John D., Patti and Dave W., 

Sarah and Jim K., James for giving Andy advice,

Everyone from our St. George family

Everyone who has donated to the GoFundMe

 

Thank you to everyone who has shared a story;

this is a club no one wants to be a part of, but there are so many beautiful people in it.

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

 



No comments:

Post a Comment